The Blade Runners
• The Blade Runners was established to provide an adults-only gaming environment with a focus on end-game PvE raiding.
• The Guild recognizes that World of Warcraft is a game, and that our members will have real life priorities that must take precedent. Furthermore, the guild was created specifically for this player-demographic; and will therefore remain committed to being sympathetic to ‘real life’ commitments and the effect upon our member’s gameplay. This will be reflected in both the Raid rules & Loot system.
• The Guild Leadership will be created within a Council framework, headed by the Guild Master. The Guild Master is equal to all other officers in all but name, but will carry a deciding vote in disputes and voting.
• The Officers Council divide the workload into a number of roles. The total number of officers is not fixed, but determined by the number of people required to cover these. The roles are:
* Guild Leader (No fixed responsibilities)
* Treasurer (Responsible for handling bank requests and investing unused items for funding the guild)
* Forum Administrator (Responsible for keeping the forums tidy and making any adjustments needed to them)
* Recruitment officer (Responsible for driving the recruitment effort to ensure the guild needs are covered)
* Communication Coordinator (Responsible for setting up channels of communication outside the guild, mainly to partner guilds for cooperation)
* Raid Leader (Several. Responsible for determining raid groups, leading raids on raidnights and handling loot)
• Each officer will be appointed for a period of 3 months. At the end of a period, they will be subject to peer review by the other officers, and have the option of continueing their current role, changing to another role, or stepping down as officer, either temporarily or permanently. This is done to ensure the leadership keeps a fresh perspective and to prevent burrnout.
• All amendments to the Guild Charter or major policy decisions will be subject to a vote by all members of the council and carried by an overall majority.
• The Guild will not impose any upper limit on number of members.
• Strict class limits will not be imposed, rather the Guild council will seek to establish a balance as the guild grows in population and age. The council will continually update their recruitment efforts to target the current needs of the guild. This may call for temporary limits or stops in the recruitment of certain classes.
• The Guild Bank is used to store useful items, recipes & reagents for use by the guild. Donations to the guild bank are voluntary.
• The withdrawal limit for members is 4 items per day, and 2 items per day for alts (from the general tabs). If you require more than this limit please /w the treasurer, or if the treasurer is unavailable and the need is urgent, another officer to request; the officer will make a decision based upon the type of goods and the reason for the request.
• Money may not be withdrawn by members at this time. Officers hold full discretion over guild bank funds, which are only to be used for the benefit of the guild.
• Epic drops will be kept in the bank for a minimum of 48 hours. People that require the item should post a request in the designated forum. If more than one person requests the same item, the decision will be made based on normal loot criteria (Main vs Alt, Mainspec vs Offspec ) and Officer discretion. Usually, if two mains, or two alts, want a specific item, it will be decided by a roll off.
• Items not requested by members may be sold off to provide funds for the guild. If any epic items are slated to be sold in this manner, the treasurer will alert the members in advance. Other items may be sold off without warning, though the guild will retain a baseline amount of in-demand items, such as enchanting materials.
• Asking someone else to get something out of the bank or taking items out with a main/alt to bypass the withdrawal limit are not allowed. Any breaches will result in disciplinary procedure.
• All new Applications to the guild will need to be made formally via the forums, to ensure sign-up to the charter and consistency of membership.
• Applications will be open to all the existing membership for comment and feedback for 48 hrs. Applications will be accepted which meet the membership criteria; any negative feedback received from a member in relation to previous playing experience must be investigated by an officer before an invitation is made. The Recruitment Officer has overall responsibility for ensuring the process has been followed correctly.
• All new members will be given the rank of ‘Initiate’ and will be subject to a trial period of 2 weeks. Following this period the Guild Officers will vote and will either be awarded full membership asked to leave the Guild. On rare occasions, trials may be extended for another two-week period.
• All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
• The Blade Runners is an adult only guild, as such specific rules regarding language or content discussed will not be imposed. However, any behavior considered offensive or harassment will be subject of investigation by the guild council. It should be recognised that there is a boundary of good behaviour which can simply be expressed as ‘would the behaviour be tolerated in real life’. Members can raise concerns regarding any such issues with a member of the council in confidence.
• The Blade Runners is a PvE focused guild. PvP activity is not frowned upon; however the guild is not specifically designed for this purpose. Therefore members who’s sole aim is this side of the game, and do not wish to participate in any PvE end-game content may be asked to leave.
Guild chat should not be used for spamming for boost / gold begging or selling of items. It is perfectly acceptable to ask for help once or twice; beyond that it becomes anti-social and may result in disciplinary action.
• The Blade Runners would like to build up a reputation of decency in order to assist our realm progress and for the benefit of all its members. It therefore expects all members to maintain a good image of the guild. Ninja looting in PUGs, ‘flaming’ in any public channels and begging are all forms of anti-social behaviour and will result in disciplinary action if proven.
• All members are required to sign-up to the website.
• If a member plans an absence of two weeks or more, a post should be made on the forums in notification. Failure to do so may lead to the member being removed from the guild for inactivity.
• Members may have alt characters invited to the guild, within reason. Members are expected to use good judgement in relation to their alts. If a character is not active it should not be in the guild. If an alt has not been logged for two weeks, it is subject to removal.
• Members may be asked to remove a character from the guild if it is not being played actively.
• Bank characters will not be accepted as guild alts, with the exception of characters which are used to administrate the guild bank.
Party & Instance Guidelines
• When participating in a guild group, ‘Need /Greed’ 'Master Looter' or ‘Free for All’ loot rules can be used.
• Raids are planned to begin between 21:00-21:30 server time, initially planned to last for 3 hours. However, the exact makeup of the raid times may by rearranged to accommodate all members (ie earlier or later start times) should the requirement arise.
• The Loot distribution system is outlined in the Raids and Signups forum – please refer to this.
• All members of a raid are expected to be at the instance portal at the designated start time, fully repaired and with all necessary reagents for their role.
• All members are required to have Ventrillo installed and ready to use; microphone desirable but not mandatory.
• All members will be required to have specific mods installed to enable easier raid management. These mods are detailled in a post in the Raid Sign Ups forum.
• In the event that a raid is over-subscribed, the participating members will be decided by the Raid Leader. This will be decided upon considerations of class balance & suitable gear / performance for the scheduled content. However, given the Mission Statement of the guild, consideration will also be given to availability for other scheduled raids in that week; in order to allow all members to participate at least once per week.
• A verbal warning will be issued for minor indiscretions.
• Persistent indiscretions may result in a final warning or in extreme cases you will be removed from the guild.
• It is anticipated that through competent recruitment, seeking out and requesting a mature membership, and actively encouraging a friendly atmosphere - that disciplinary action will only be needed in exceptional circumstances.
Acceptance of the Guild Charter
• All new members must agree to this Guild Charter in order to be a member of the Blade Runners.